The Duca di Castelmonte agritourism/farmstay experience was born of the Curatolo family’s desire to preserve and share the rural traditions and culture of western Sicily.
At the centre of the family estate, the historic baglio has been renovated from a traditional winery, stable and farmhouses into comfortable apartment guesthouses – ready to host 2-7 people each. The surrounding property, including the vegetable and flower gardens, has been thoughtfully utilised to create welcoming spaces for guests to relax any time of the year.
The farmstead is fully accessible to people with special needs and guests have access to the following amenities:
- The restaurant
- A pizzeria that uses farm products
- Swimming pool and tanning area
- Barbeque area
- Football (soccer) field, volleyball court, tennis court and basketball court
- Playground for children
- Vegetable garden
- Farm zoo
- Mini-museum on peasant life
- Relaxation room with television
- Free WIFI
- Bicycles for use on and off premises
- Parking area for cars and motorcycles
- Camping Area
At the farmstead, hospitality has natural seasons, flavours and landscapes.
From the refreshing swimming pool to the sporting grounds, from the gardens to the flowering verandas, from the vegetable gardens to the Duca’s restaurant and pizzeria…a stay at the farmstead allows you to fully savour every season.